Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Gonna mint my face as an NFT and dump $3 a month on Twitter Blue just to look cool.
Or find a real use for $3.
Twitter has just launched NFT profile photos. They’re hexagon-shaped https://www.theverge.com/e/22657543 2
Seen lots of anecdotes of people being unable to order tests because they've "already been ordered" for their address. If this is because you live in an apartment, I've heard you can bypass the problem by putting your apartment # on the 1st line, and street address on the 2nd
I have tried to communicate this on this platform before, but it is in fact the best they can do. The FDA and FEMA are barred by law from distributing to anything other than state or tribal gov’ts nor can they mandate to insurers the manner in which they reimburse enrollees. https://twitter.com/binney_z/status/1483165953307381764
Print and mail a form - MAIL A FORM - to get reimbursed for at-home COVID-19 tests?
That's really the best we can do 2 years into this pandemic, @WhiteHouse @BCBSAssociation? In 2022? Not even an online reimbursement method, but print and *mail*?
Hell of an email from SEIU 1000 president Richard Brown with a whole lot of mud slinging, including an accusation of a union member posting a "racist caricature" that appears to just be a trollface.
Kind of odd seeing him use MLK Day as a platform to launch attacks like this.