Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Tha magic of polling!
.@JumaaneWilliams tells @politico: “Why would it take running for president to see what everybody has seen for a very long time — that unconstitutional stops were wrong.”
Aaw man, I shoulda smiled https://t.co/oueNQQhyUB
of all the ads that aired on BYUtv's broadcast of today's Idaho State-BYU game, only one of them featured people who were not white.
it was the ad placed by Idaho State.
Wow. Just got word...The IRS has decided NOT to grant an extension for rebuilding Paradise's only low-income housing complex (see story I posted last week). While market-rate housing is restored, this project now is in major danger of not being rebuilt... https://t.co/38DOG9RGz8
Trump held THREE rallies in Louisiana to stump for Republican @EddieRispone, but it wasn’t enough to unseat the Democratic incumbent. https://t.co/8gpl1KBnlW