Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Kyle Buis Follow
Get vaccinated. Proud owner of 2 tripawds. Blocked by Rob Schneider. DM's are open.
I see these stories, but there's a really important element missing: Community fireworks shows gather people together in one place.
Instead, a lot of them are going to try to roll their own July 4 fireworks show at home.
"But we banned sales!"
Oh, you sweet summer child ....
FIREWORK WILDFIRE WARNINGS: Officials are warning fireworks could spark wildfires amid dry conditions in the West. Multiple communities canceling their traditional fireworks events as a precaution. @Zohreen reports. https://abcn.ws/3P5EJlD
Richmond cops use the ol "5 p.m. on a Friday news dump" on a holiday weekend to say "remember when we said violent protesters cut off cops so we had to tear gas everyone? Yeah, turns out that wasn't true ..."
Below is a retraction the City agreed to publish as a result of tear gas being dispersed in response to public safety threats regarding the J.E.B. Stuart Monument in June 2020.
1 of 6
Oh look, domestic terrorism in Woodland.
Alleged Proud Boys members attempt to get into The Mojo in Woodland, CA and are met with pepper spray. The bar had planned an all ages Drag Show tonight, which was postponed due to security concerns
The Supreme Court's just-ended term was marked by a historic decline in unanimous outcomes and a surge of 6-3 decisions along ideological lines. Those are among the findings in our 2021-22 Stat Pack, which we just posted: https://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/SCOTUSblog-Final-STAT-PACK-OT2021.pdf.
Here are some of our findings: