Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Sac Metro Fire with new video of the Tesla that suddenly caught fire on Highway 50 last week in Sacramento.
Explosive footage of the EV fire…🔥
Thank you mystery balloon for making it easier to pad out my block list and tidy up my timeline.
@RebeccaAguilar More than 10 openings @CalMatters https://calmatters.org/about/jobs/ #journojobs #journalists #California
if you're an editor taking pitches, please reply here.
Great fellowship opportunity at CapRadio for a UC Berkeley undergrad/J-schooler. 📻✍️🌆
Apply by Feb. 17th and feel free to DM me with any questions! @ucbsoj