Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
“He actually witnessed his little friend get shot in the face,” Mr. Hernandez said. The friend, he said, “got shot in the nose and he just went down, and my nephew was devastated.” https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/24/us/shooting-texas-elementary-school.html?name=styln-texas-school-shooting®ion=TOP_BANNER&block=storyline_menu_recirc&action=click&pgtype=LegacyCollection&variant=show&is_new=false
45-acre Railyards fire because someone HAD to use a heavy mower in this kind of wind.
#NEW: @KCRAHeather spoke to @SacFirePIO who says the fire in the Railyards area of #Sacramento was caused by a landscaping company. We’re told they had been advised not to use heavy mowers.
Left picture is about an hour ago; right picture is right now. @kcranews 2
Tonight's Pearl Jam show in Sacramento canceled due to COVID.
(1/4)Dear PJ fans and ticket holders,
While the band battled through Oakland after drummer Matt Cameron tested positive for Covid, and Fresno where Ed and the band got through it with the help of Dave Krusen as special guest drummer,
This is the Burger King in the Arden Fair mall lot near Best Buy and DSW.
Inbox: Workers at a Burger King in Sacramento (1915 Arden Way) will strike tomorrow. Temperatures are getting close to 100 degrees, the A/C is broken. One worker passed out from the heat.
A customer came in and said this is “the hottest Burger King I have ever been in."