Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Maan you do not mess with this amazing place. My (now) wife and I made many trips here before moving to Sac
Queen of Sheba has been a beloved Ethiopian restaurant in Sacramento for 15 years
Owner says early this morning around 4:30am surveillance shows someone setting exterior on fire
Investigators looking for the person responsible @kcranews 4
House Oversight Committee again asking WH for official response to reports that @POTUS may have confiscated or destroyed records and notes of his meetings with Russian Pres Putin. @POTUS expects to meet again with Putin at G20 this later in the week.
NEW: The #CBSEveningNews with @NorahODonnell to debut Monday, July 15 on @CBS.
LEARN MORE --> https://t.co/7TuyBw73YA
@GaryRadnich say it ain't so Gary! You are a first ballot SF bay area original and HOF lock pal. Thanks for allowing me into your world for 17 great years of "Great Knowledge!" Take the Bentley, leave the Cannoli!