Just in time for me to dust of Final Cut Express and get familiar with it again, Apple announces at the National Association of Broadcasters trade show a new version of Final Cut Pro where it promises to revamp the interface. Part of me is hoping for a more user-friendly experience, but part of me would be disappointed in big changes now that I’ve mastered the art of using a razor blade to chop video. Then again, the $299 price tag for a piece of software you couldn’t find for under $999 until now is enough to sate me for awhile.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made (Kindle Edition) is $1.99 on Amazon https://t.co/1K2uq6lqR1
Oddly, the Nigerian Pete Buttigieg superfan who recently tweeted in @lis_smith's voice for some reason just protected their account, so I can't link to this tweet where they promoted an interview with Smith tweeted, so far as I can tell, by only three other accounts
Please read this. It is one of the more important stories I have written recently: “He was my big, strong brother': Inside one Iowa family's anguish amid a rise in farmer suicides https://t.co/e0OyGQlwJE
Uber 5 years ago, explicitly: Uber will decrease traffic congestion
Reality today: Uber/Lyft add to traffic congestion
Read my story on this window into Silicon Valley tunnel vision / inability to see bad efffects that are obvious in hindsight