Just in time for me to dust of Final Cut Express and get familiar with it again, Apple announces at the National Association of Broadcasters trade show a new version of Final Cut Pro where it promises to revamp the interface. Part of me is hoping for a more user-friendly experience, but part of me would be disappointed in big changes now that I’ve mastered the art of using a razor blade to chop video. Then again, the $299 price tag for a piece of software you couldn’t find for under $999 until now is enough to sate me for awhile.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Are you a Sacramento renter who wasn't able to pay full rent April 1? How did it go? DM or email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
As of April 6, at 10:15 a.m., there is a total of 462 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and the number of those who have died of complications of COVID-19 is 18. Full update has info on cases, mobile testing site + new hotline. https://t.co/D2BAmDHuqI
The spring of 2020 will be remembered as a renaissance for Nextdoor NIMBYs.
Their moment has come. Finally, all their training and warnings of "others" walking on their street is paying off.
BREAKING/EXCLUSIVE: AG Barr speeds early releases of 'vulnerable' inmates at 3 federal prison sites experiencing serious #COVID19 outbreaks. Uses new, emergency CARES Act power. Comes 1 day after POTUS said of such releases: 'I have not done that at all.' https://t.co/r68N7zQEvk