Just in time for me to dust of Final Cut Express and get familiar with it again, Apple announces at the National Association of Broadcasters trade show a new version of Final Cut Pro where it promises to revamp the interface. Part of me is hoping for a more user-friendly experience, but part of me would be disappointed in big changes now that I’ve mastered the art of using a razor blade to chop video. Then again, the $299 price tag for a piece of software you couldn’t find for under $999 until now is enough to sate me for awhile.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Things you learn: There's a podcast produced partly out of San Quentin State Prison
The study was conducted by the Department of Understanding Humanity.
They prefer you don't use the acronym.
Editors, Javy is the reason that Game Informer ran an editorial on me, which gave me an opportunity to talk about AbleGamers.
Yearly State of Accessibility.
Javy is not only forward thinking, but savvy and willing to go where other reporters won't. Find some room in your budget https://t.co/Q2IvJVR9jw
This morning's layoffs at Game Informer went beyond just the publication -- a total of 120 GameStop positions have been eliminated.
That's over 170 layoffs at GameStop this month alone.