The Legislative Counsel Bureau pointed toward a 2011 legal decision in New Jersey where an assemblyman’s pay was stripped following a flurry of indictments.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Need holiday pet portraits?
Want to help a good cause?
Come on to the Sacramento County Animal Shelter (3839 Bradshaw Rd) from 10 am to 4 pm today!
$20 min donation goes to help the teen volunteer program.
(Disclaimer: my amazing wife is the photographer)
Moms, it’s 8 months or 10 months.
Pick a lane because 9 months is wrong now. https://t.co/jcNLYlfaA6
Yes. I now am told it is a new policy: no speakers to be sponsored by the State Department if they have been critical of the President: I plead guilty to that, but think the guilt should be on the other side. https://t.co/ttpY0LpHij
Rain and snow forecasts for today through Sunday, via @NWSSacramento. Snow levels are anticipated to drop to 5,500 feet Saturday night. Check QuickMap for up-to-date highway information: https://t.co/7eTKYu0HG62