The Federal Communications Commission has essentially thrown its hands in the air and is asking for public input for how to solve the open internet/net neutrality/Internet fast lane debate. The unfortunate thing is how little people know and understand about this very important issue for how the Internet should work. RELATED: Text of FCC’S proposed rules First a […]
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Kyle Buis Follow
Get vaccinated. Proud owner of 2 tripawds. Blocked by Rob Schneider. DM's are open.
Dolphins punter had the choice of kicking it or taking the safety and he said “both, please.”
Colorado State paid Sacramento State $400,000 to come play them, per @NCAAFNation247.
Sac State won 41-10. A very expensive loss for Colorado State.
RECAP | Hornets gain nearly 400 yards of offense and set records for most points scored and fewest allowed against an FBS team in school history. https://hornetsports.com/news/2022/9/24/football-football-rolls-past-colorado-state-41-10.aspx
• 3-0 for the 1st time since 1992
• Largest win by an FCS school over an FBS opponent since 2017
• 11 straight regular season wins
• 3 wins over FBS schools in last 11 years
This is a fantastic watch, especially as guard duty boy tries to explain how his friends were "on a hike."
On 12/4/21, Patriot Front held a national mobilization in DC. While they were marching, antifascists located their cars in a Maryland park, sabotaging and painting them. Kevin Lowy, a PF member on guard duty, called 911, setting into motion an ironic and bizarre series of events.