While people have been worried about Ponzi schemes and getting gypped out of their finances, there’s something bigger out there to worry about: Hackers. And not just for the people who are worried about their finances, there’s the actual alleged scammers getting gamed by Eastern European hackers like Robert Allen Stanford apparently did.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Kyle Buis Follow
Get vaccinated. Proud owner of 2 tripawds. Blocked by Rob Schneider. DM's are open.
Dolphins punter had the choice of kicking it or taking the safety and he said “both, please.”
Colorado State paid Sacramento State $400,000 to come play them, per @NCAAFNation247.
Sac State won 41-10. A very expensive loss for Colorado State.
RECAP | Hornets gain nearly 400 yards of offense and set records for most points scored and fewest allowed against an FBS team in school history. https://hornetsports.com/news/2022/9/24/football-football-rolls-past-colorado-state-41-10.aspx
• 3-0 for the 1st time since 1992
• Largest win by an FCS school over an FBS opponent since 2017
• 11 straight regular season wins
• 3 wins over FBS schools in last 11 years
This is a fantastic watch, especially as guard duty boy tries to explain how his friends were "on a hike."
On 12/4/21, Patriot Front held a national mobilization in DC. While they were marching, antifascists located their cars in a Maryland park, sabotaging and painting them. Kevin Lowy, a PF member on guard duty, called 911, setting into motion an ironic and bizarre series of events.