- California: A State of Survival – A five-part series on California’s drought.
- The Rim Fire: One Year Later – A day-by-day look back at one of the more devastating fires in California history.
Social Media Editor
CBS Television Stations
- Writing and editing content for our news website (CBS13.com) and social media channels. This was most recently spotlighted in our coverage of the Camp Fire in Paradise. I tracked evacuation orders and fire updates through multiple agencies while fielding questions from the public.
- Educating reporters and staff on best social media practices.
- Managing content flow of social media channels in the afternoon and evening hours.
- Writing, editing and gathering information in breaking news situations, including the Oroville Dam Spillway evacuations.
- Maintaining social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Engaging in social listening through Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Signal. Video production on CBS website and Facebook Live using a Tricaster system and Anvato.
Lead Copy Editor
Sacramento News & Review
- Editing copy from staff writers and freelancers
- Proofreading layouts, managing deadlines while working within Associated Press and local style.
- Leading the copy team and training writers and freelancers
- Initially brought on as a reporting intern, the company created a copy editing position that involved layout & working on our site. Started a technology blog, and column as well as covered Macworld in 2009 and 2010. The newspaper was named one of the 10 Newspapers That Do It Right by Editor & Publisher Magazine in 2010.
Follow CAG & Retweet for a Chance to Win a Copy of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch Digital Code or Cartridge). Ends Sunday at 9PM ET.
Best Buy. http://ow.ly/tkTk50NtSjE
Three different ways the Sacramento Kings could have clinched tonight.
All 3 went the opposite.
This is why you don’t let your balloons fly free.
These blew from Howe Park and created a huge spark and bang as I drive by. Almost thought I blew a tire (zoom in to see the scorched string)
Fun fact: The word unconfirmed doesn't absolve you of responsibility if you're just dumping the whole thing out there.
It just shows how unreliable of a source you are and it's a good reason for people to block you.
Follow CAG & Retweet for a Chance to Win a $100 eShop Gift Card to Spend on Wii U & 3DS Titles Before the Stores Close Forever on March 27th. Giveaway Ends March 25th at 9PM ET.